Thursday, October 7, 2010

Phew

This has been an insane evening, for sure. But is official, I was admitted into the hospital and will not leave until this child is out of me.

This has been so hard for me. I really really really do not want to do this. But if the dr's think its for the best, well I have to respect that. I have to do everything in my power to get Parker here safely. I would never be able to live with the guilt if something happens that could've been prevented by me.

Its been a rocky and difficult evening. Grant took me up with Colbs along for the ride. Colby was in a horrible mood because he hadn't gotten a nap and it was past dinner time. And it just seemed like the doctors and nurses were out to get me. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink. I have to have an IV. Cervix check. Group B strep swab. They changed my due date on me. I was just miserable and wanted to sit down and cry. This was not something I wanted, and it seemed like they were just making it worse.

The absolute hardest part though was saying goodbye to my son and husband as they left. I couldn't hold back the tears, which made my husband emotional. He wanted to just sweep me away and take me home, but it wasn't possible. And Colby was confused as to why they were leaving mommy hooked up in this bed. We said a prayer before they left and it was just so hard.

Fortunately though, things started happening for the better. The doctor came in and said they were moving me to a regular care room, instead of labor and deliver. I would have no monitors. No IV. I could wear normal clothes. And I could EAT! I would be allowed to wander the hospital, I just couldn't leave. And I needed to have checks on the baby's heart every 4 hours. I was more than happy to make that deal.

And now, well, things are good. I'm alone, but friends are doing so well and keeping me company online. I feel a bit better with how things are going. My stomach is much happier now that I've had some food. I feel comfy in my pajamas. I wouldn't say things are great, but they are definitely bearable.

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, that's more doable. Hooked up to monitors and an IV for the foreseeable future is blech - I'm glad you were able to ditch all of that!

    I started coughing last night and still am this morning so I'm going to keep you virtual company until it simmers down - the last thing you need is to cough Parker out of your belly. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Wow that's a lot of work, I'm glad they came to their senses about letting you out of bed! Staying in L&D would have been really hard to hear all the term babies being born all around. I totally want to come see you, but am using up most of my babysitting time as is... I guess it's time to catch up on any TV shows you've missed out on, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the not so desirable situation has brightened even just a wee bit. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete