Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New doc

Part of the trade-off for leaving the hospital was that besides daily ultrasounds, I had to transfer all my care up to the hospitals up there. All parties agreed that it would just be easier for all my records to be in the same place. Although this is NOT good-bye to my current doctor, she still fully plans on delivering me and keeps updated on my care. Either way, I was still a bit hesitant to meet my new doctor and see if she was on the same page as me.

I was pleasantly surprised in some aspects.

She is totally fine with my old dr delivering me. She is ok with just being a short fill-in in my prenatal care. They just need me to have a place to pee in a cup and get weighed, and she's ok with that. And something even nicer- she agrees w/me that daily ultrasounds are pointless. AND she's going to get it changed so that I only go up there three times a week! Of course, those three days are going to be chock-full of appointments, but I'm ok with that.

One thing that I wasn't as thrilled with- she mentioned that she'd like to see this pregnancy go to term. Ugh. The thought of dragging this out that long makes me exhausted. But we'll see how that plays out, I guess.

And... Parker failed his ultrasound. Again. Not that they care, because like I said, these ultrasounds are pointless. They look for a few things, but the most important thing is that he's moving, which he ALWAYS is. (And can be determined without an ultrasound, if you can believe it!)

I would post my ultrasound pictures, but it is of his profile and his foot. Again. Maybe I'll make a flip-chart of his foot ultrasounds, and you can watch it grow. Otherwise they're just collecting dust on my desk!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment