Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not much to report...

No news is good news, right? I've just inched past the 31 week mark and things are going ok. The 30 minute drive up to the hospital is not fun, and I get to do it (at least) daily. But I'd rather make the drive than live there, thats for sure! And I got to spend my newly 3 yr old son's birthday with him, so that makes me happy!

Parker is doing as well as can be expected. He's moving a lot. He has failed a few of the tests, but its more likely due to laziness than anything else. I had another fetal echo, which are pretty much considered the 'big appointments'. The cardiologist makes guesses on how he thinks the baby's doing, and then adjusts the plan accordingly. Parker is doing much the same, and the doctor alluded to maybe keeping him longer than the 32 week mark.

I have very mixed feelings about this. I really do care about my son's health. But with daily ultrasounds half an hour away, this pregnancy is dragging on forever. I'm spending approximately 60 dollars a week just on gas. And I am so anxious to meet my son. And to stop worrying about him on a daily basis, on whether he's moved enough or if I should call the doctor for each twinge.

I just wish I knew the plan!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. So glad he is still doing the same, it would be wonderful if he made it past 32 weeks, but I can understand being done too. It will be nice to KNOW how he is really doing instead of just looking at machines and guessing.

    ReplyDelete