Monday, October 17, 2011

Birthday Boy!

Dear Colby,

Today you turned four years old. What can I say, I'm shocked! It is so hard to remember life without you! Even to remember you as a baby... so difficult. Colby, I am so lucky to have you! Every single day you make me smile. You're so sweet and loving. You make me realize that there are some people who are just inherently good. Other kids your age seem to be like little demons, destroying everything. I am so glad that you're not like that at all. You are such an amazing boy, and an awesome brother.You love to lay on the floor and giggle with him. I am so thrilled that Parker has such a good example.

Its amazing how you're already so determined in your ways. You have a very clear conscience of right and wrong, and get so upset when other people don't follow that. If a lot of kids are told to clean up, you get absolutely furious when they don't obey. You try to take toys away from them and put them away.

You also love to talk, even though you do it very slowly and not always clearly. You love to tell stories- sometimes it will take you nearly 5 minutes to spit it out. But you want to be heard and acknowledged. I love this about you Colby. You will NOT let people pass you by. You want them to know that you're important too. I hope that you will always stand up for yourself, and not let anyone push you around.

I think the biggest thing that has happened this year was your interests. This time last year, you seemed like a little toddler. You liked Barney and Elmo. And while you still enjoy that, you've discovered how cool other things are! You LOVE the wii, your favorite game is Mario Kart. You always have to be Luigi. You like sword fighting, especially with Dad. You think Superman and Spiderman are the coolest. You have become a whiz at Grandma's Ipad. You love to play board games and do puzzles with us. You are just so much fun to be around.

Colby, most of all I want to let you know I love you. Sometimes it really seems like I'm always yelling or nagging at you to do the right thing. But you are my sweetheart. I love when you wake up earlier than me, because you sneak into my room and cuddle with me until I wake up. I look forward to spending time with you. You say the funniest things and are always try to make us laugh.

I love your kisses. Your smiles. Your laughs.

Thanks for coming into my life four years ago. They've been pretty amazing years!

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Time sure flies - I can't believe he's FOUR! The party sure looked cute - wow - what a huge undertaking - I'm veyr impressed! Way to go super mom!

    ReplyDelete