Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17th...

I kinda get bugged about those posts on facebook "xxx years since I met/married/proposed to the love of my life!" Don't get me wrong, I myself am super guilty- I always do them. But today I was sitting around thinking why these days are so important. Its like you want to go back to that time, and whisper to yourself- "here's your big moment. Enjoy every second, because you're about to dive headfirst into something incredible."

On this day, eight years ago, I went on a blind date with this adorably goofy guy, Grant. He was fresh off his mission- fresh meat. :) And myself? Well, that was just the guy I was hunting for.

I wish I could go back to that day and tell myself that it was only going to get better. When we climbed into that awfully dorky Geo Metro, that this was going to be the guy who stole my heart. When he would tease me to make me giggle- that he would be making me laugh for years to come. That when he ordered Chocolate Raspberry M&M ice cream from the Hogi Yogi, that he would always be doing stupid stuff to make me laugh. And that night when he dropped me off, and hugged me, he said the always polite "we should do this again sometime..." and I replied with a (sure-I-bet-you-totally-mean-that) yeah..." and he replied with a quick "How about next Tuesday?" ... my heart nearly fluttered right out of my chest.

At that time, I wish I could whisper into my ear all that we had waiting for us.

A fantastic wedding day
Photobucket



That my husband would always be this goofy.
Incriminating Evidence
That he would hold my hand through a horribly depressing bout of infertility.

And that he was just as overjoyed when this day finally came.
positive preg test, 2/24/07

The home we bought together and made our own.
so many roses!

His face when he found out he was having a son.
Photobucket


 And this sweet moment, when all our dreams came true. How he not only took care of his son, but embraced fatherhood.
PhotobucketPhotobucket


And the joy and surprise when this happened again!
Photobucket

And this horrible day, when we found out something was wrong? That we might lose our second child? He was holding my hand that day too.


But then miracles happened and we got to meet our Parker-bean. And our lives were even better.
Photobucket

As we got to witness miracles every day in the lives of our two little boys.
Photobucket


And things just get better and better.
Photobucket



So that day, July 17, 2004... I had no idea what the significance was. That my life would be changed, completely and for the better.

Would I go back and tell myself these things? Maybe, but at the same time, I like not knowing. I like waking up and realizing that there are incredible things and scary things in my future, but I have someone there to hold my hand and make the world wonderful.

I am the luckiest girl alive.

Amy

4 comments:

  1. I've always said it - you scored one of the best with him. Maybe I'm a little biased... but I really think he is. AND I think it goes the other way too. He lucked out with you! You guys are meant for each other in every way.
    AND I won because I got the best sister out of the deal!

    ReplyDelete