Friday, November 14, 2008

Ouch!

So I stayed home with Colby all day today because he was sick. So when daddy came home, he made dinner and took care of the Colbster for me. He called me from the kitchen and said "please come get your son, I'm dealing with really hot things right now and he's in the way. He was making pasta, and he had just dumped it into the colander to drain. Colby was standing at his feet as I entered the kitchen. DH moved the colander to the counter to finish preparing dinner, and Colby was splashed with the boiling hot water as it passed over his head. He starts screaming in pain as I run to him, and try to get the random droplets of his head, where I assumed was the most painful. He continued to scream and scream, it took about 4 minutes to calm him. When we took off his shirt to give him his dinner, we saw why. It had got onto his sleeve, and kept the burning hot water against his skin. I am so sad right now!

5 comments:

  1. oh, poor little man! I would have bawled too! That looks like it hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Sunday a few weeks ago, I noticed that Peyton had blisters on three fingers. I have no idea what he touched to get them, but he obviously touched something very hot.

    I'm sorry about Colby. I hope it doesn't give him too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sad boy! Hope he gets feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete