Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mommy's Day!

Here's a pic of my squirt and me. Such a happy little boy!

This mother's day has really rocked. Daddy did so much for me, and Colby has been a doll all day. (We're going to ignore the fact that he said 'dada' for the first time...) I sat on the front room floor cross-legged this morning, with Colby in my lap. He nuzzled up into me, and I gently touched his face. I smelled his hair, and this overwhelming sense came over me. This is my little boy, my precious angel. He knew me as his mommy; he knew he was safe. Man I love that kid.

He also gave me a great mother's day present, besides the one that was from 'colby' but really purchased with money he did not earn. This is really sick, but I always joke with Colby to 'pee on dada for mommy!' or when they're playing airplane 'ten bucks if you throw up on daddy right now!' Well, sure enough, as Colby and daddy were wrestling, Colby up-chucked... in dad's mouth. I nearly died laughing, and Colby was so proud and happy, too. So Colby, thanks. And this is the ONLY year I'll accept throwing-up in your daddy's mouth as an appropriate Mother's Day Gift.

6 comments:

  1. ROFLOL! It makes me laugh so hard when the babies do that. When Daddy has them up over them, it's like they're asking for it! LOL! Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck, Audrey did the same thing! Said "Dada" on Mothers' Day. Her first words. Oh well; I taught her to give me kisses.

    And I have to say, throwing up in Daddy's mouth makes up for not saying "Mama" first. :)

    Such cute pictures, by the way! He is such an adorable child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute boy. I wondered where you all ran off too. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic is adorable. You look great!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, such a happy boy! I think it's awesome that you got these pics done! You look great in this and man, he is so cute!

    I laughed so hard about C's throwup gift! HAHA! TOO funny!!!

    Don't you love when they're cuddly and cute? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, such a happy boy! I think it's awesome that you got these pics done! You look great in this and man, he is so cute!

    I laughed so hard about C's throwup gift! HAHA! TOO funny!!!

    Don't you love when they're cuddly and cute? :)

    ReplyDelete