Thursday, March 8, 2012

15 Months

Parker is 15 months old today! What? I did not give him permission to grow that quickly. But Parker does lots of things that I didn't give him permission to do, so why would this be any different?

I am shocked how he is becoming more and more like a little boy, rather than just my little baby. This month he has finally decided to use walking as a mode of transportation. He's been walking between mom and dad for about a month, and one day he just decided to go with it. Its kind of hard, because he's always walking right behind you. We have to be super careful we don't trip over him or knock him down!






Photobucket

He hates socks. Any opportunity he has, he rips them off. When I get him out of his crib after naptime, he's usually barefoot, with little socks stuffed behind his crib or under his blankets.

He has once again found his love for food. He is eating meals again, after a food strike of about 5 months. Hopefully he'll eat enough to fatten him up a bit. He loves dips- ketchup especially. Most times he forgets the fry and just dips his finger instead.

He has 11 teeth now. Just one more molar! He's been so awful and cranky lately, I hate teething!

He LOVES bath time. This is bad news though, because he won't let anyone take a bath or shower without him trying to join them. He's also learned to crawl into the tub. You can see the problems that this presents!

Photobucket

He has recently discovered a love of books. Whenever its quiet, I know to peek into Colby's bedroom and he's sitting there flipping pages. Its just so sweet, I slowly back out so he doesn't even see me.

He is also such a talkative little boy. Well, comparatively, anyways. Colby never had much to say until he was about 2. Parker loves words. The words he knows- kitty, mama, daddy, ball, bear, bubble, more, bottle, yuck, yeah, Eh-bo (elmo), shoes, book, socks, jacket, up, and I'm sure others. He can also sign 'please'.

His other favorite mode of transportation is the butt-scoot. He wanders all around the house just scooting on his little bum.

Photobucket

He loves starfall, and when we're on our computers, he'll come and holler "ah" until we let him do the 'a' song.

He loves to climb. Onto and into everything. This is the part that really scares me. With his pacemaker, falling is a real danger. It could easily knock a lead loose. So of course, what does he do? Climb all day. Stairs used to be the scariest, because he doesn't know how to come back down. But now, everything is such a fun challenge for his small frame.

Photobucket

I think my favorite part about Parker, though, is his personality. He already has such a fun sense of humor. He loves to give kisses, and then wipe them off saying "yuck!" He loves to cuddle and hug, but he also loves to get on the ground and wrestle with Daddy. He is so happy, so head-strong, and so independent. And mostly, he's brave. There's not a lot that scares this little boy. He's courageous, and although it kills me sometimes, I really do love it. I pulled in Colby's old slide from the shed, and before I could shut the door behind me, this little boy had already climbed to the top, ready to go down.

Photobucket

I love this little boy, and I am so lucky to be his mama!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, love little Parker-bean!!! I can't believe how fast he's growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you sure he is wrong handed are you looking at him the RIGHT way? You know you should be sure that everything he does is RIGHT. So maybe you should show him the RIGHT way to RIGHT so he does it RIGHT. So he is not left the WRONG way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bliss! Your doing everything RIGHT sis, sweet boys you have! Your an incredible mother also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie Amy... you are such an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete