Monday, March 9, 2009

Introducing "Ruff"

On Saturday, we had a fun adventure! Colby has always hated stuffed animals. Never loved, kissed, or squeeze them, he'll bop them and push them away. So, in an effort to make him more kind to his stuffed toys, we went and made one at Build A Bear. We figured if he helped build it, he might like it!

Look at that handsome dude.


Picking out an animal was so hard. The realistic dogs scared him. (Never mind that his BFF is a large chocolate lab.) We showed him a bear... this is him hitting it away. (and daddy looking high. I'm just sayin...)

But wait! He kinda liked this dog! No hitting, pushing, or throwing! No hugs, but we can work on that. And a tiny little smile... I think we have a keeper!



The stuffing of Mr Unnamed Dog. Colby was enthralled with the machine.



The combing and bathing. At this point, we needed a name. Colby cannot pronounce dog, it comes out "Ah!" Well, that morning as Colby (so kindly) woke me up, he was exclaiming "Ruff! Ruff!" Sounds good to me!

Taking Ruff home. He was very concerned for Ruff. It was pretty cute.


Now that its been a whole day with Ruff, we can say that our master plan worked! Although he's not sleeping and cuddling Ruff, he loves to kiss, squeeze and play with him.
Score Card:
Parents- 1
Colby- 0

5 comments:

  1. He really is a handsome little dude. I've always thought it's so sweet when my kids hug and kiss their stuffed animals. Way to go mom and dad getting one up on him. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet!!! Good job Mom and Dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute! I love Build A Bear! They have some really cute stuffed animals =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH good parents. I have yet to take my kiddos there.

    ReplyDelete