Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What will you be, ten years from now?

I often sit and think about Colby's main personality traits, and I wonder and sometimes hope (and sometimes dread!) that they're going to stick around.

Colby is so extremely cautious. He loves to stand, and cruise around furniture, but he will not let go of them to walk. He'll reach, stretching until he touches the next item, and will then walk to it. Its so funny to see him nearly topple over trying to stretch so far, but he will not let go of his safe spot. Often I encourage him to get his confidence up, and he's slowly getting it. It makes me wonder if he'll always be so cautious. He was late to roll and crawl, because he was scared. Will he be shy at school? Will he always be afraid to try new things?

And then there's the fact that he loves computers, video games, telephones. Man, am I destined to raise a tech geek?

Colby is also set on copying his daddy. Everything daddy has, he wants. Everything daddy does, he does. Sometimes I get bothered that he's so much like his daddy. But secretly, I'm glad. Daddy is such a strong, patient, loving man and I want Colby to be 100% like him.

And my biggest worry... he's such a lover boy. He will cuddle on you all day if you let him. He'll just throw himself at you for a hug, and presses his cheeks up to your lips for a kiss. He pats your back and squeezes you tight. ...uhm, it better not be like this at school! My son, the class flirt. Could you imagine? I would be pulling out my hair!

But then again his daddy was like that too, LOL.

1 comment:

  1. So I noticed that we both posted on the seriouslysoblessed giveaway, and you posted right after I did! Funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete